This Valentine’s swap traditional red for sparkle and shine, says Emma Gordon
5 top tips for wearing metallics:
1) If you find shiny clothing too adventurous, embrace the tones in shoes or accessories. Metallics add dimension and light to your outfit.
2) Don’t save metallic colours for evening, wear silver and gold with chunky knits and denim to create a more daytime feel.
3) Mix yellow gold, silver and rose gold together for a decadent look. Statement bracelets or necklaces worn along side each other look fab.
4) Ladies, for a subtle sprinkle of metallic in your wardobe look for sparkly socks or tights, they enhance a day or evening outfit and are a great alternative to black opaque.
5) Gents, you can enjoy metallic too. If shiny trousers are not your thing, try a more subtle look by choosing metallic accessories. Alternatively, look out for knits shot with silver or gold through the yarn, or shirts and ties with a bit of sparkle in the threads.
On to my top picks for a marvellous metallic look...
- Joselyn metallic skirt, £55; oliverbonas.com
This fabulous mini works with ankle boots or team with heels for all out glam.
- Pearl drop earrings, £38; macangusdesigns.com
Ooze elegance with these classics.
- Sea of Love phone charms, £49; tinkalink.com
- Mrs Robinson Tally Bag in silver, £195; question-air.com
Don’t save metallics for after dark, embrace the trend every day with this stylish bag.
- Long clover chain, £135; ollymjewellery.com
This stunning long length necklace adds a sophisticated edge to any day or evening look.
- Classic button cufflinks, £85; deakinandfrancis.co.uk
Women’s star sweater, £45; lalaandbea.com
- Cafe Palmera clutch, £85; teaandtequilatrading.com
- Majestic star trainers, £165; hush-uk.com
Hey twinkle toes, add a cool vibe to your daywear with these statement star trainers.
- Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment polish,14ml, £15; nailsinc.com
- Pleated foil lace skirt, £68; topshop.com
Check out our Health/Beauty Section for more sparkling fashion pieces
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter for exclusive competitions, offers and stories