1 of 3
2 of 3
Photo: Photator at Flickr
3 of 3
Photo: Photator at Flickr
It's that time of year again! Woolly hats, sparklers and toffee apples come out in force and we bring you the pick of the best spots to enjoy local fireworks
Legoland Windsor Resort
Take the whole family along for a fun-filled fireworks display at Legoland when the popular Windsor attraction hosts four nights of seasonal entertainment for families. For the first time ever, Legoland will be holding a Lego DC Universe Superheroes themed event, and the show will combine fireworks, a Universe Superhero story and iconic movie soundtracks. The superheroes theme also makes the fireworks displays the perfect way to celebrate Halloween, as kids can come in fancy dress costume.
A contemporary take on Bonfire Night traditions, 3D glasses are available to buy, which reveal thousands of exploding Lego bricks within the fireworks display!
Also enjoy the park’s rides by night and see the 5.2 metre tall Lego model of Canary Wharf, as well as models of other famous London landmarks.
Fireworks display, 26, 27 Oct and 1, 2 Nov. Tickets: Online from £5. legoland.co.uk
Ripley Bonfire, Ripley Green
As well as the bonfire and spectacular firework display, enjoy a funfair, spit roasted lamb and pork and a brilliant beer bar with great views of the display.
- 6.15pm: Assembly of the Floats - the floats for the procession will assemble in the car park of the village hall. (Please note, this car park is closed for the duration of the event).
- 6.30pm: Assembly of Fancy Dress - all participants for the Fancy Dress Competition will assemble in the car park of the village hall.
- 6.45pm: Judging of the Fancy Dress and Floats - judging of the Fancy Dress commences by the Ripley Bonfire Queen for the Lara Watts Trophy and prizes. Judging of the Floats by a guest judge for Annual Trophy and prizes.
- 7.10pm: Torchlit Procession Commences - the procession, led by the Ripley Bonfire Queen and her attendants, preceded by the band, leaves the village hall and makes its way to the green.
- 7.30pm Lighting of the Bonfire! The Torchlit Procession arrives at the green and the Ripley Bonfire Queen lights the bonfire.
- 8.00pm Fireworks display!
- 8.20pm Live music begins
Sat 26 Oct, free event, donations expected. ripleybonfire.co.uk
Kingston upon Thames Round Table & Rotary Club Fireworks Display, Kingsmeadow
Watch Guy Fawkes burn on a giant bonfire and enjoy a spectacular fireworks display themed to pop music. Children’s funfair rides will be running before the show and a team from Radio Jackie will keep you well entertained.
Fri 1 Nov, gates open at 6.30pm, display at 8pm. Adults £6, children £5. kingstonfireworks.co.uk
Enjoy a traditional, 12-hour cooked pig roast and a spectacular bonfire lit by over 500 torches. Brockham do it ‘bigger, better and noisier’ every year.
This family night of fun to raises funds for local societies, worthy causes and local charities.
Sat Nov 2, lighting of the bonfire 7.45pm, fireworks display 8.15pm.
No tickets required, voluntary £3 donation on the gates. brockhambonfire.com
Godalming Town Bonfire & Fireworks
The torchlit procession will leave The Pepperpot, High Street, Godalming at 7.00 pm (torches will be available for purchase (£4 each) from 6.00 pm from outside The Red Lion.
Judging of the School's Best Guy Competition by the Lions' President, Ian Ranger will be 6.00 pm at the rear of the United Church. Lighting of the bonfire by the Mayor of Godalming, Councillor Tom Martin, will be at 7.45 pm and fireworks commence at 8.00pm. The Bonfire and Fireworks will be on The Lammas Lands behind The United Church, Bridge Road, Godalming.
Sat 2 Nov 2013. Gates to the field will be open to the general public at 6.30 pm. Admission charges: £3 per person, children under 12 free. godalming-tc.gov.uk/news/town-bonfire-fireworks-oct-2013
Farnham Fireworks Fiesta
Farnham Round Table organise the annual fireworks display held in Farnham Park preceeded by a torchit procession through the town centre. All proceeds go to local charities.
Sat 2 Nov, Torchlit procession leaves Farnham Central Car Park at 6.15pm. Bonfire lit: 7.15pm, fireworks extravaganza: 7.45pm. Tickets in Advance from the Bush Hotel: £5 adults, £3 children (5-15), £14 family (2 adults and 2 children). On the night: £6 adults, £4 children. farnhamroundtable.org.uk/upcoming-events/fireworks-2013
Cranleigh Lions Bonfire & Fireworks
- All Day: Torches & Grand Draw tickets on sale outside "The Co-Op" & on Stocklund Square. Grand Draw tickets are £1 each.
- From 1pm: Benson’s Fun Fair – on The Common. Look out for the Fun Fair on Friday evening too.
- 3pm: Make-a-Guy Competition in Stocklund Square, sponsored by Burns & Webber for the 18th year! The winning Guy will be carried in the torchlight procession & placed on the top of the Bonfire. All other guys may sit around the fire.
- 6:15pm: Assemble for torch-light procession, Park Drive, Park Mead. Rawlings Hog Roast and other refreshments ready on The Common.
- 6:30pm: Procession starts from Park Drive, Ewhurst Road led by The Friary Guildford Marching Band.
- 7:00pm: Crowds in Stocklund Square join in the Torchlight Procession.
- 7:15pm (approx): Bonfire prayer is read to the crowd, winning ‘Guy’ placed on Bonfire and Bonfire set ablaze.
- 8.00pm: firework display set to music by Star Fireworks.
- 8.30pm: Benson’s Fun Fair continues on the Common
Sat 2 Nov, free event, suggested £2 donation. cranleighlions.org/bonfire
20th Annual Woking Fireworks extravaganza
Funfair, food stalls plus Sci-Fi theme – what more could you want? Music will be themed to sci-fi classics of recent years. Parking for the event is at Woking Station, Heathside Cresent Multi-Storey and other town centre car parks. No Alcohol or personal fireworks (including sparklers) are allowed in the event. Disabled viewing area is closest to the White Rose Lane entrance to the park
Sat 2 Nov, funfair from 6pm, display from 8pm. Advance tickets available from Woking Leisure Centre: adults £5, children £3, family £12 and under 5s free. On the gate: adults £6, children £4, family £15 and under 5s free. woking.roundtable.co.uk/table-pages/woking-fireworks
Richmond Family Fireworks display, Athletic Ground, Twickenham
Every year the Richmond Athletic Association stages a spectacular evening of family fun with a fully choreographed fireworks to music display attracting thousands. This year the display’s theme is ‘The Best of the Beatles’, and fireworks will be set to iconic tracks from the ‘Fab Four’. Once again, the multi award winning Phoenix Fireworks are choreographing this year’s display. Having just won the 2013 Prize for Innovation and the British Fireworks Championships, we expect big things!
In terms of live entertainment, this display takes the biscuit. The UK’s hottest new boy band Class A will performing, along with solo artists Josh James and Jake Sims, and dance troupe Vital Signz. The entertainment continues after the fireworks with the Applecore Beatles performing in the Members Bar which is open to all.
The evening raises money for local charity The Poppy Factory, who work with employers around the UK to help find meaningful and sustainable employment for wounded, injured and sick ex-Service men and women in the communities where they live.
Be sure to book in advance for this event, as the event has sold out for the last two years running and people have been turned away at the gate!
Sun 3 Nov, Gates open at 4.30pm. Entertainment 5pm. Fireworks commence at 7pm. After party 8pm. Advance tickets are priced at £25 for a family ticket (2 adults and up to 4 children), £10 for a Grandstand seat, £8 per adult and £5 for a child (5-15yrs), under 5s are free. If purchasing tickets on the night, family tickets are priced at £30, £10 per adult and £5 for a child, under 5s are free. the-raa.co.uk
Imber Court Sports Club fireworks
Set in its 90 acres of parkland, Imber Court Sports Club is offering a fantastic fireworks display and children’s funfair.
Tues 5 Nov, display from 7pm. Advanced tickets: adults £6, children £3, family £16. On the gate: adults £7, children £4. imbercourtsportsclub.co.uk
Guildford Fireworks Fiesta
The Guildford Lions will be holding their annual torchlit procession and display. Torches will be available from the High Street and cost £5. The torchlight procession leaves the High St in Guildford at 7:45pm. All profits will be donated to nominated charities The Prostate Project, and Guildford Action and Guildford Lions club local community work. Kids will love Charlie Mayne’s Funfair and Peter Gordon from Eagle Radio at Stoke Park will keep you well entertained.
Tues 5 Nov, fireworks at Stoke Park commence at 8:30pm. Entry is free, suggested donation £2. guildfordlions.com/fireworks
Epsom Fireworks display:
Epsom Fireworks Display & Funfair takes place every November at Hook Road Arena. This year's event is hosted by the Methodist Scout Group with the help of local charities from the area.
Sat 9 Nov, gates open at 5.30pm and display begins around 7.30. Tickets priced at £7.50 on the gate or £5 in advance from local outlets. epsomfireworks.com