Image courtesy of Lulu Locket Photography
Farnham Town Show Dog Show
A brand new festival is heading to Farnham Maltings next Saturday, celebrating the best the town has to offer
Following the success of its gardening and food festivals, the Farnham Town Show will combine the best of both.
Lynsey Nichols, Craft Events & Exhibitions Officer says the show “is an event for all the family, with opportunities to get involved with our local community, enjoy great food and drink, and the long awaited summer.”
Here are five reasons why you should head along to the first ever Farnham Town Show on July 27:
- Baking competition: Fans of The Great British Bake Off will be able to get creative and compete to be Farnham’s baking champion. The Bake Off is open to all ages, with adults invited to enter their ‘Best Sponge Cake’ and under 15s, their ‘Best Decorated Cupcake’.
- Dog show: There will also be a dog show, with prizes for the cuddliest pooch in town and for the niftiest canine trick.
- Garden tips and advice: Garden enthusiasts can put their questions to the panel of horticulture experts during the Gardening Question Time, where Jodie Vigor of Boutique Blooms will also be demonstrating how to create simple yet stunning floral display using seasonal blooms.
- Marketplace: There will also be a marketplace brimming with wonderful food and gardening products. Exhibitors will include Kush Cuisine, Farnham Local Food and The Therapy Garden, promoting their horticultural therapy charity and selling plants and bird boxes.
- Great food: The Maltings Courtyard will offer a taste of foods from around the world, with authentic Indian cuisine from Curries from Home, Mediterranean specialities from Olives and Things, and traditional British fare from the award-winning Giggly Pig Company
Farnham Town Show takes place on July 27, 10am-5pm
Admission: £2.50, under 15s free
Book via the Box Office on 01252 745444